Makes 2-3 servings
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
500g store-bought gnocchi
250g bacon, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato paste
handful cherry tomatoes, halved
1 teaspoon sugar
2-3 tablespoons cream/yoghurt
large handful fresh parsley, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
100g mozzarella, sliced
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c. (About 390°f)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil.
- In the meantime, make the sauce.
- In a large, hot frying pan, fry the bacon until starting to crisp with most of the fat rendered.
- Pour off most of the fat then add the garlic and smoked paprika and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add all of the tomatoes and the sugar and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cream/yoghurt, parsley and seasoning.
- Cook the gnocchi in the salted water until it starts floating to the top. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to the sauce.
- Transfer the gnocchi and sauce to an oven-proof dish and top with the sliced mozzarella.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes until the mozzarella is melted and golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.