Mexican Chorizo, Sweet Potato, and Black Bean Rice Skillet
- 1/2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled then chopped into 1/2” cubes (1-1/2 cups)
- 1 small shallot or 1/4 onion, chopped
- 6oz Mexican Pork Chorizo
- 1/2 cup black beans (1/2 a 15oz can)
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup long grain white rice
- chopped cilantro
- Add extra virgin olive oil to a large skillet over heat that's just a touch above medium. Add sweet potatoes and shallots then saute for 4-5 minutes, or until potatoes are just starting to turn tender.
- Add chorizo then turn heat up slightly and saute until cooked through, breaking chorizo up as it cooks.
- Add black beans, chicken broth, and salsa verde to the skillet then turn heat up to bring to a boil.
- Add rice then stir to combine, place a lid on top, turn heat down, and simmer until rice is tender, 15-18 minutes, adding a splash more chicken broth near the end if needed.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro then serve as is, or with tortilla chips or tortillas, and guacamole.