Ham and Cheese Puff Pancake
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, for pan
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1-2 c ups shredded cheese (I used about 1 1/2 cups of Gruyere)
- 1 tsp. dried or 1 Tbsp. fresh herbs
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, flour, eggs, and salt until smooth. Alternatively, place everything in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside for 20-30 minutes while oven is preheating.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place butter in a 9 by 13″ glass baking dish. Heat in oven for 5-10 minutes, until butter is completely melted and foaming. Remove pan from oven and tilt to cover the bottom entirely with the butter. Remove from oven and pour batter into the pan. Quickly top with the diced ham, shredded cheese and herbs.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until it is puffed up and the cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with fruit or a small green salad.